Born to The Sky is a FREE to play, cross-platform wingsuit racing game for VR platforms Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, Gear VR, and Google Daydream, as well as non-VR platforms PC, console, and mobile. Players experience human flight and hone their skills against other players in competitive online racing in futuristic cities from around the world. I was the sole engineer and contributed all the programming and construction of the project and project assets in the game engine:
- AI – Programmed the opponent racer AI systems.
- Animation – Programmed all character and prop animations.
- Audio – Programmed and mixed game audio and sfx.
- Core – Programmed game manager and loading screen systems. Import and setup all art, environment, props, and other assets.
- Cross-Platform Development – Implement VR for Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, Samsung Gear VR, and Google Daydream. Setup and maintained build pipelines for all platforms.
- Engine – Setup and maintained project hierarchy, folder structure, game settings, and engine settings. Performance and optimization for all platforms.
- Gameplay – Programmed race tube and spline system with countdown, start, and end of race. Programmed object collection and pooling system for in-game collectible items. Programmed player boost system. Programmed checkpoint ring system.
- Graphics, Lighting, & Cinematics – Programmed and setup first person/ third person camera and camera sequences. Programmed and setup lighting, materials, shaders, visual fx, and post-processing. Ensure compatibility with all platforms.
- Input – Programmed gaze flight control system for player movement. Programmed Rift, Oculus Go, Gear VR, Google Daydream, PC non-VR, console non-VR, and mobile non-VR controller input systems.
- QA and Systems – Responsible for testing, debugging, tuning, balancing, and git source control.
- Tools – Programmed 3D world space race track system with track editing tool for building new race tracks.
- UI – Programmed and setup main menu UI system with level and track selection. Programmed and setup in-game and HUD UI systems
- Non-VR Android Demo Available – Non-VR alpha demo available now for Android only: download demo
- Survios VR Arcade Demo – Created an Oculus Rift PC demo that was put on display with our VR motion chair partner company at the Survios VR arcade!
- Twitch Live Stream Game Announcement – I personally live streamed the public announcement of Born to the Sky and Vrainiac’s partnership with Enjin Coin on Twitch with a gameplay walkthrough and Q&A.
Created and Copyright © 2018 Vrainiac, Inc.